Donita King continues her commitment in providing individuals and companies alike a wide range of effective Alternative Dispute Resolution services before turning to litigation. As a former corporate in-house and general counsel for Fortune 100 companies for more than twenty-four years, Ms. King has direct and first hand knowledge in how ADR practices work in civil areas. Upon moving to the Virginia area, Ms. King decided to add ADR services in the family area (international & domestic), and was a founding partner in CMG Collaborative Law Offices for over 10 years.
Ms. King is certified as a mediator by the Supreme Court of Virginia and is an approved ADR trainer and mentor, also by the Supreme Court of Virginia. In addition, she is also an approved Collaborative Law Trainer and FINRA authorized arbitrator and mediator. She is a member of the Virginia, Pennsylvania and D.C. State Bars. In Virginia, Donita King serves on the Virginia Bar Association Joint ADR Council (2015 Chair), and served for several years on the Governor of Virginia’s Interagency Dispute Resolution Council. Ms. King has also been active with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Women in Business. Se habla espanol.
- Pennsylvania, 1978
- Virginia, 1999
- District of Columbia, 2004
- Villanova University, J.D., 1978
- LaSalle University, B.A., Economic Honor Society Pres., 1975
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia Bar and Bar Association Joint ADR Council (2015 Chair)
- Virginia Bar Association (Joint Dispute Resolution Committee)
- Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association
- Collaborative Professionals of Richmond (CPR)
- Founding Member Virginia Association of Collaborative Professionals (VACP)
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)